Terms of Service
We reserve the right to modify or terminate your account for the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time.
You will use your true name in setting up an account and give only true personal information. You will not set up an account for anyone else without explicit permission from that person. You will not share your password or let others have access to your account, and you will not transfer your account to anyone else.
We reserve the right to refuse use of the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
By using the Service, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate Service staff or other Service members.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links that you submit, post, and display on the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Nautilus and/or the Service.
- You must not create or submit unwanted e-mail (“Spam”) to any staff or member of the Service.
- In using the Service, you must not violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- By submitting work to the Service, the submitter agrees to grant a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, modify and perform the user submission in connection with Nautilus’s business in any media formats now known and hereafter developed and through any media channels. All rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for compensation of any sort to the submitter.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these organizations or individuals.
You agree that Nautilus shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on the Service, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that Nautilus is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release Nautilus, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our service.
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your account with the Service. While we prohibit such conduct and content on the Service, you understand and agree that Nautilus cannot be responsible for the content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Service at your own risk.
Photo Gallery Copyright Information
- Please keep discussions on topic.
- No personal attacks or name-calling. Please keep conversations cordial. We understand that there will be differences of opinion. Accept that others might not have your same point of view. Don’t sink to personal attacks.
- Your forum screen name and signature should not be used as a place to express your personal beliefs (religion, politics, martial status, sexual orientation, etc.). Remember, our forums are hosted to bring people with a common interest together in one place. Don’t let your personal viewpoints on unrelated topics interfere with the common reason we’re all here.
- No advertising and no use of company names as screen names. Our forums should not be used as an advertising medium for companies who want to promote their business or products, or by individuals who want to promote their items for sale or auction. Our users are the drivers behind this policy. They don’t want the useful information in our forums watered down with posts that are nothing more than advertisements.
- No inappropriate images or videos. If you choose to post photos or links to videos, please keep them on topic to the forum thread.
- Don’t use our forum as a means of promoting your forum (or online group, sweepstakes, prize drawings, contests, etc.).
- Please respect copyright material. If you want to share copyright material with our users, please link to it. Don’t take a story from another website and post it in our forum. Likewise, don’t take a photo that you don’t own the rights to and use it in our forum.
- Nautilus reserves the right to utilize any comments in any way we deem appropriate. This includes but is not limited to re-posting comments, merchandising, using comments uploaded to the Service in print magazine format, advertising, and cross-platform promotions.
- Kids and Parents.
- This Service is not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to register for the Service or provide any personally identifiable information or use our social, community, and public discussion areas; photo and video galleries; bulletin boards; forums; chats; blogs; personal/job search and other classified ads; and elsewhere. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17, inclusive, must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before making purchases, including subscriptions, on this Service.
- If your children disclose information about themselves in publicly accessible areas of the Service, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Therefore, you should tell them not to do so.
- Please note that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available and may assist in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. You can find current providers of such technology by using the following internet search terms: “parental control protections.”
Locations Outside the United States
Nautilus makes no representation that the contents of the Service, including any transactions offered, are appropriate or authorized in locations other than the United States of America. Those who choose to access the Service from locations outside the United States do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. Software from this Service is subject to United States export controls and may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported to a national or resident of, or into, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Iran, Syria or any other country to which the United States has restricted or controlled export; or to anyone forbidden by the government of the United States.
All elements of the Service, including without limitation, software, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, streams, downloads, and data compilations, (but specifically excluding content of yours that you upload to the Service) as between you and Nautilus, are the sole property of Nautilus or its licensors, and protected by United States and international law, including copyright law. The mark “NAUTILUS” and associated logo designs are trademarks of Nautilus. All rights reserved. All other trademarks on the Service are the property of their respective owners. Except for content for which Nautilus gives explicit authorization, or as otherwise permitted under law, no material from the Service may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, publicly performed, publicly displayed or distributed in any way.
Warranties and Disclaimers
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NAUTILUS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
NAUTILUS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS AND/OR EXPECTATIONS.
YOUR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIAL FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE EXPRESSLY THAT NAUTILUS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF NAUTILUS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO SERVICE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Nautilus respects the intellectual property of others and asks its users to do the same. If you believe that any copyrighted work of yours has been used on or in connection with the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the Copyright Agent of Nautilus the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NAUTILUS PRINT EDITION!Subscribe